Monday, December 31, 2012

Outside the Boundaries...


Standing in the queue with my to-be fellow passengers I was waiting patiently at the platform, soaking in the vibrant Delhi colors. I was disappointed to see the stopping metro too full and decided to skip the ride. But I guess I was a little too late – for, oblivious to my indecision I was scooped into it with a force that reminded me of my college Blue Line days and of course exiting the metro was as effortless, if I ignore the purse rip!
            Well to catch some breath I stopped at the exit platform a little away from the action. And I was awe stuck. All I could see were people – pushing, running, finding their way through the maze, scrambling for space in or out of the station and yet managing to talk with a friend, chat or even text on the phone, block it all with Radio Mirchi or simply catch on a quick sleep! I close my eyes to soak it all in and I could feel the sheer movement.
            I was amazed at our capacities to multitask but the pride was short lived for then I thought – When did chaos become such an integral part of our life that we started appreciating it? When did our progress become regressive – so much so that existence was the only meaning to life? When did privacy become so rare that ‘I’ became the eternal truth and ‘We’ became extinct? When did silence, stillness, emptiness become so alien to us that we lost our spirit, our soul? When did we run out of time to stop, question and think - that we could no longer comprehend the blurring boundaries of hell and heaven !

No comments: